15 Questions to Deepen Friendships
Reading Time: < 1 minutes
The questions you ask matter.
In everything you attempt to do – build a romance, form a new habit, negotiate a big deal, wake up, solve a problem, or increase productivity – learning to ask the right questions will make you more effective, happier, and fulfilled.
This article lists 15 questions that will help you deepen friendships.
Asking the right questions can help you deepen friendships by facilitating a key driver of connections between people: shared vulnerability.
Instead of watching Netflix, complaining about your ungrateful boss, or discussing politics at dinner next time you are with a friend, pull out these 15 field-tested questions and take turns answering.
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
- What are you most excited about?
- What are the three most interesting things about you?
- What is the best purchase you ever made?
- When you think of success, who comes to mind?
- What random stranger has had the biggest impact on your life?
- What did you learn growing up that still sticks with you today?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- If you were to start a blog, what would it be about?
- What is the biggest mistake you made in your life?
- If you were to give the world one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Is it more important to help yourself, your family, your society, or the world?
- What can you do that will be remembered in 300 years?
- What is the one thing that keeps you up at night?
- What do you value most about our friendship?
Comment below to let me know how it goes.